Job Opening: Bartender
Corktown Deli and Brews bartenders are the front of the line of customer service. Our bartenders will greet guests, offer knowledgeable assistance in ordering, and taking drink orders, serving beverages, itemize guest checks, and accept payments for open checks. Bartenders are responsible to account for all items served and make proper payment at the end of a shift accounting for all items served during a shift. Bartenders also answer questions: explain menu items and specials according to our specification standards. As well as answering questions about the area. Bartenders are responsible to keep tables and dining area clean, organized, and set tables for new diners. Bartenders work as part of a team and are required to help coworkers in order to improve work flow and customer service satisfaction.
Bartenders must be professional in appearance and manners, polite and reliable. Bartender need to be familiar with the menu and how items are prepared, how they taste, and be able to describe food items proficiently to guests.
Bartenders are on their feet most of the time and carry food, dishes, glassware, boxes, kegs, beverage trays and often time able to carry heavy trays weighing up to 30 pounds. During busy times bartenders work under pressure to serve guests quickly and efficiently, as well as assist coworkers simultaneously. The work is relatively safe, but care must be taken to avoid slips, falls, burns and lifting injuries. Bartenders must be healthy enough to work with clean hands and free from communicable disease.
- Knowledge of food preparation and cooking methods on a large scale basis.
- Knowledge of the materials and equipment used in restaurant operations.
- Knowledge and willingness to follow health and safety standards utilized in food service.
- Ability to read and work with computerized POS system.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, while working independently.
- Ability to communicate information to coworkers, customers, and venders and respond to requests for service assistance.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to follow security and safety regulations.
- Greet guests, offer knowledgeable assistance in ordering, taking orders, efficiently pour beverages, serve beverages, clear dishes, clean tables, collect payments for all items served.
- Responsible for a money drawer
- Safely facilitate the sale of alcohol to guests in accordance with legal standards and best serving practices by checking each customer’s identification for legal consumption age and not over serving beverages.
- Stock service area with proper supplies per standards.
- Is responsible for cleaning equipment and keeping work area in a sanitary condition.
- Operate various pieces of kitchen equipment as assigned, reports malfunctioning equipment.
- Reports unsafe conditions and suggests possible solutions.
- Prepares items properly to produce a standard product.
- Discard trash, recycling, and compost to the proper bins.
- Ability to read and speak English
- Competitive Industry Wages
- Discounted and Free Meals
- Vacation (Full time)
- Health Insurance